Wednesday, August 28, 2013

FINAL: Distribution

I have decided to distribute my snack to bars only 3 stars & higher. I've been to a couple bars & work in the food & beverage industry. I've learned that regardless of how good your food is, if the ambiance & service sucks, it degrades the food. I believe the same applies for my snack. If a person enters a nice bar with great service & unique drinks, they will expect only the best snacks which will be my Adobo Jerky.

I would not want to distribute this snack to gas stations, grocery stores, or anything of the matter because I would love for it to maintain its exclusivity. This would be a benefit to these bars as well because customers who loved this snack will be returning for it since they won't be able to get it anywhere else. Customer loyalty will be a big factor.

"Companies know that they cannot profitably serve all consumers in a given market—at least not all consumers in the same way. There are too many different kinds of consumers with too many different kinds of needs. And most companies are in a position to serve some segments better than others. Thus, each company must divide up the total market, choose the best segments, and design strategies for profitably serving chosen segments. This process involves market segmentation, market targeting, differentiation, and positioning."

Since it is more of a masculine snack, I would want it to be served at sports books as well but only the ones with good reputation & notable service. I do not want it at the corner sports bar, more like Lagasse's Stadium & other bars of the kind.

" Marketing involves serving a market of final consumers in the face of competitors. "

No comments:

Post a Comment